19 December 2019 - NW1595
Kruger, Mr HC to ask the Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
What number of land reform farms are leased to beneficiaries in the Free State; (2) what (a) is the total number of state-owned farms that do not have a lease agreement currently in place and (b) are the reasons that there is no lease agreement in place; (3) what (a) is the total income received by the State for the lease on each land and (b) are the details of the bank account where the money for the leases must be paid?
- Some leases are currently being taken through administrative lease approval processes.
- There are reallocations that are currently being done, which have been occasioned by the death of lessees.
- There are instances where multiple farmers have been allocated a single farm, which has not yet been officially subdivided hence lease units are still being created.
- There are instances where the land is the process of being donated to a municipality for commonage purposes.
- Some farms are in the process of being transferred to farm dwellers.
- Some farms are being used by neighbouring communities and have therefore become unleasable.
(3)(a) R353 956.00 (April – November 2019).
- Agricultural Land Holding Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 407 449 8283
- Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 405 400 6793