19 December 2019 - NW1600
Mbabama, Ms TM to ask the Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
What number of land reform farms are leased to beneficiaries in the Northern Cape; (2) what (a) is the total number of state-owned farms that do not have a lease agreement currently in place and (b) are the reasons that there is no lease agreement in place; (3) what (a) is the total income received by the State for the lease on each land and (b) are the details of the bank account where the money for the leases must be paid?
- Some previously allocated farms are in the process of being reallocated as consequence of death, abandonment of the property and lease termination due to breach of lease terms
- There are disputes regarding allocation as well as property boundaries.
- Illegal invasion of leased farms by neighbouring communal settlements.
- Some farms are no longer leasable since they are occupied by communities.
- Existence of land restitution claims on leasable properties.
- There have been changes in the leasing policy in the past three years, which impacted on the conclusion of leases.
(3)(a) R222 543.00 (April – November 2019).
- Agricultural Land Holding Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 407 449 8283
- Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 405 400 6793