08 November 2019 - NW1314
Winkler, Ms HS to ask the Minister of Environmental Affairs, Forestry and Fisheries
(I) Will the member of the South African Weather Service boast still be held personally liable for the finances spent on the six months salary in the premature termination of employment of a certain person (name and details furnished); (2) What are the relevant details of the allegations faced by the specified person?
1. The Audited Financial Statement for the South African Weather Service (SAWS) for the period under consideration are available and the Auditor General has made no finding that the expenditure arising from the settlement of the dispute between the Board and the lower CEO amount to fruitless and wasteful expenditure. For his reason the SAWS Board, will not be held personally liable for this expenditure, as there is no legal basis to do so.
2. The Board removed the Chief Executive officer from office for, inter alia, failing to perform certain functions connected with the office of the Chief Executive Officer or b exercise those powers adequately, diligently and efficiently and because the was an irretrievable breakdown in the relationship between the Boast and the former Chief Executive Officer due b the following reasons:
- A breakdown in communication occurred between the Chair of the Board and the former Chief Executive Officer;
- The former Chief Executive Officer failed B, inter alia, attend meeting requested by the Chair;
Absenteeism on the part of the former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for extended period during critical periods for the organisation;
- Inability or unwillingness on the part of the CEO b finali9e matters ‹elated to her missing employment contract and performance agreement for 2016/17 and to confirm the date of conclusion of the employment contract as 31 March 2017;
MG BD CREECY, MP
MINISTER OF ENVIRONMENT, FORESTRY AND FISHERIES
DATE:.. .].!.!.. .I#/.1
MTIQ\IAL A99EMBLY QUESTION NO. 1g14 IM2528E