04 October 2019 - NW1045
Van Dyk, Ms V to ask the Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture
Whether sustainable club development programmes will be established in communities; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details? (2) Whether sustainable club development programmes will be established in communities; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?
1. (a) The Club Development pilot programme focussed on one urban and in rural area, Ethekwini and Vhembe in Kwazulu-Natal and Limpopo respectively. The two provinces have presented their 2018/19 reports and Current progress made to date is as follows:
In 2019 Durban ladies Football Club currently participates in the SASOL National Women’s League.
- In 2018 Durban Ladies Football Club within the Club Pilot Programme managed to get Lottery Sponsorship worth R200 000.00.
- In 2018 African Young Tigers Football Club under 19 team was nominated to participate in the football trials conducted by Kaizer Chiefs FC, Orlando Pirates FC and Mamelodi Sundowns FC.
- In 2018 Summerfield Dynamos Football Club won ABC Motsepe League (provincial League).
- The clubs are now able to create the database of players, members and coaches due to the Clubsmart training provided through the Pilot programme.
- The clubs now have the capacity to host tournaments.
- Communication skills have improved as tthe clubs are able to write proposals to solicit potential sponsors and create a feedback assessment form.
- 38 Clubs in Limpopo will be doing D – Licence Football Coaching Course rendered by the South frican Football Association in December 2019 there are 107 clubs in Limpopo that have attended coaching clinics offered by the South African Football Association
- 136 participants have been trained as Netball level 1 Umpires
- 107 athletics clubs in Limpopo have done the following training:
A workshop in Club Administration in the Athletics family Coaches Course – ASA – Level 1 Technical Officials Courses – ASA – Level 1Guidelines on organising Athletics Events Rendered by IAAF and ASA IAAF Crafting of a Constitution to ailing clubs to IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation) and (ASA) Athletics South Africa Standards
(b) The final consolidated report will be issued in Q4 of 2019 /2020. The Department will analyse the report and share the recommendations with other provinces. The recommendations and analysis will information implementation of the club development programme going forward. Province needs to help in affiliating clubs to the various sports federations and also monitoring them to ensure successful exit strategies,
(2) Since 2006 the department has established clubs in communities where clubs didn’t exist and where they existed the department provided them with necessary support and training. All clubs established in all provinces are supported through the Conditional Grant.
A Workshop with all relevant stakeholders has been planned for the 23rd and 24th October 2019 in Welkom to discuss sustainable club development programmes that will be established in communities.