02 September 2019 - NW485
Steenhuisen, Mr JH to ask the Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure
(1) Whether the integrity and lifestyle audits of senior officials in her department have commenced as she undertook during the Debate on Vote 11 - Public Works and Infrastructure Appropriation Bill in the National Assembly, on 10 June 2019; if not, (a) why not and (b) by what date will the audits commence; if so, (i) what are the relevant details and (ii) by what date will the audits be completed; (2) what (a) are the terms of reference of the integrity and lifestyle audits and (b) aspects of the senior officers’ professional and personal lives will be audited; (3) whether integrity and lifestyle audits include declarations of conviction in cases of theft, criminal charges and pending prosecutions or convictions; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (4) whether the integrity and lifestyle audits are being conducted by an external service provider; if not, what are the relevant details; if so, (a) who is the service provider and (b) how was the service provider appointed; (5) whether the integrity and lifestyle audits are based on self-disclosure; if so, how is the personal information being verified?
The Minister of Public Works & Infrastructure:
1. The integrity and lifestyle audits of senior officials within the Department have not as yet commenced. The SIU has been identified to conduct this work in Government Departments. This mandate will be effected through a Presidential Proclamation which is still under consideration. On the day of the Budget Vote, 10 July 2019, the Department formally advised the SIU of its readiness to subject the Minister, Deputy Minister, the Director General and the rest of senior management to integrity and lifestyle audits.
(a) See the response above
(b) We will be advised by the SIU as soon as a Proclamation (which will spell out the terms of reference of the audit) is issued by the Presidency.
(i) See the response in paragraph 1 above
(ii) See the response in paragraph 1 above
2. See response in paragraph 1 above
3. See response in paragraph 1 above
4. See response in paragraph 1 above
5. See response in paragraph 1 above