18 September 2015 - NW3240
Cassim, Mr Y to ask the Minister of Higher Education and Training
(a) What are the names of the training projects which are currently funded by the Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) and (b) where are they located; (2) what amount was (a) allocated to each project and (b) deposited into the bank account of each project; (3) what (a) is the name of the recipient organisation in respect of each project and (b) is the name of the chief executive officer or official who occupies an equivalent position of such organisation; (4) has each project been independently audited; if not, why not; if so, (a) when and (b) what was the audit outcome; (5) (a) how many signatories were required to authorise payment of grants to each recipient of CETA funds and (b) what are their names?
- and (2) (a) Annexure A comprises of the names and allocation of the training projects that are currently funded by the Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA).
- (b) CETA works on a performance-based payment system. Therefore, CETA reimburses funded entities and does not make upfront payments. It only pays after training and/or services have been rendered.
- Please refer to Annexure B attached to this response.
- (a) and (b) All projects on the commitment schedule, as at 31 March 2015, were independently audited by the Auditor-General of South Africa (AGSA). The findings in respect of the selected programmes will be reported in the 2014/15 annual report.
- (a) The CETA has an invoice processing unit which looks into compliance requirements that must be met by all approved entities before any payment can be made. Each funded learning pathway, e.g. Learnerships, has its own invoice compliance requirements to be met as per the approved budget. If the invoice is compliant, the Requestor signs the invoice and it is reviewed by the relevant Manager, endorsed by the Chief Financial Officer and approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
(b) The following positions have delegations of authority to sign-off payments:
- Projects Manager;
- Core Business Manager;
- Core Business Executive;
- Finance Manager;
- Chief Financial Officer; and
- Chief Executive Officer.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
REPLY TO QUESTION 3240 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING