14 December 2018 - NW3844
Robinson, Ms D to ask the Minister of Justice and Correctional Services
Whether (a) his department and/or (b) any entity reporting to him contracted the services of a certain company (name and details furnished), in each of the past 10 financial years; if so, what (i) number of contracts were signed, (ii) was the date on which each contract was signed, (iii) was the duration of each contract, (iv) services did the company render and (v) was the monetary value of each contract in each case; (2) whether any irregular expenditure relating to the contracts was recorded and/or condoned in each case; if so, what are the relevant details?
1. (a) Yes, the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development has informed me that Bosasa was awarded with a contract in the past (ten) 10 financial years.
- One (1) contract was signed as RFB 2010 02B.
- The award was approved on 16 December 2010.
- The duration was from 1 January 2011 to 30 September 2013.
- The service provider was appointed to render security guarding and special services to the Department.
- The total amount spent was R535 330 659.
(b) I have also been informed by the entities reporting to me, i.e. the Legal Aid South Africa, National Prosecuting Authority and Special Investigating Unit that they never contracted Bosasa in the last ten (10) financial years.
2. No, the Department did not incur irregular expenditure since the departmental Supply Chain Management Policy and prescripts were followed.