25 September 2018 - NW2496
Mente-Nqweniso, Ms NV to ask the Minister in the Presidency
1. What amount did Solomon Mahlangu’s gravestone cost 2. Which company received the contract to build the gravestone 3. What was the value of the contract 4. Who were the other bidders?
a) The total cost of the Solomon Mahlangu tombstone was R128 200. The said amount covered:
- Refurbishing of the tombstone including re-polish and wright parts of the old stone
- Headstone with an addition of the book
- Laser photo on the stone
- All granite border around the stone including stands, roofs and pillars
2. Which company received the contract to build the gravestone
(a) Lomanthosi was a successful bidder
3. What was the value of the contract
(a) The total value of the procurement was R128 200.
4. Who were the other bidders?