A summary of this committee meeting is not yet available.
PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT PORTFOLIO COMMITTEE
29 August 2001
DISASTER MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
Chairperson: Mr Carrim (NA, ANC)
This meeting was not minuted by PMG. Here follow some of the relevant documents and the programme:
International State of the Art
Introduction to Prevailing Legislation
The White Paper on Disaster Management
Integrating Disaster Risk into Development
The Scope of Disaster Risk and Key Concepts
1. Introduction to disaster risk reduction as a component of responsible governance.
2. Key concepts and issues about disaster risk for South Africa.
3. Addressing disaster vulnerability: Priority for governance.
4. Strategic use of information for disaster risk decision-making
5. Perspectives on the practical implementation of the disaster Management Bill in the Provincial and Municipal spheres.
6. Overview of the White Paper for Disaster Management.
7. Introducing prevailing international legislation.
8. Prospectives on the policy and process for the Disaster Management Green and White Papers.