A summary of this committee meeting is not yet available.
SUBCOMMITTEE ON THE REVIEW OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY RULES
2 March 2001
REVIEW OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY RULES
Chairperson: Adv JH De Lange
The Committee discussed the work programme and reached consensus on the following four issues:
· Although it is beneficial to discuss broadly the Rules with the Rules Committee, the Subcommittee should process matters before going to the Rules Committee. There should be discussion on the Rules or any related matters within the Subcommittee first.
· The decision taken not to appoint a consultant to help the Subcommittee in the drafting of proposals to put before the Rules Committee is not acceptable. The Subcommittee will reapply for the appointment of a consultant and explain the importance of having the consultant.
· The Subcommittee will continue with its work two weeks from today. The Subcommittee, until the appointment of a consultant, will process matters that require urgent attention.
· The Subcommittee reiterated the decision that it had taken previously, that the Subcommittee would deal with plenary matters and amendments made to the plenary procedure.
The meeting was adjourned.
No related documents
- We don't have attendance info for this committee meeting
Download as PDF
You can download this page as a PDF using your browser's print functionality. Click on the "Print" button below and select the "PDF" option under destinations/printers.
See detailed instructions for your browser here.