National Forests Amendment Bill: finalisation; Oversight Report
Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
29 May 2018
Chairperson: Ms M Semenya (ANC)
After going through the proposed amendments, the Committee approved the National Forest Amendment Bill.
The Committee also adopted its own version of the report on a joint oversight visit to the North West Province with the Portfolio Committee on Women in the Presidency earlier in 2018.
The Chairperson informed the meeting that the Minister and Deputy Minister of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) were in the National Assembly for a house sitting. She also gave a blanket apology for all other members of the Committee not in attendance, saying it was her belief that they were at the sitting as well.
National Forests Amendment Bill: finalisation
Ms Phumelele Ngema, Parliamentary Legal Advisor, led the Committee through the draft amendment document by reading aloud each proposed amendment clause by clause followed by vocal agreement from Committee members.
Committee Report on the Bill
The Committee considered the report on the bill.
The Portfolio Committee on Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, having considered the subject matter of the National Forests Amendment Bill [B11 – 2016](National Assembly – Sec 76), referred to it on 11 May 2016 (see ATC, 11 May 2016) and classified by the Joint Tagging Mechanism (JTM) as a Section 76 Bill, reports the Bill with amendments [B11B - 2016].
Following the secondment by Ms T Gasebonwe-Tongwane (ANC) of a move to adopt by Mr P Maloyi (ANC) declared the report on the amendments and the amendments to the Bill itself adopted by the Committee.
After members had perused a report on the Committee’s joint oversight visit to the Northwest Province with the Portfolio Committee on Women in the Presidency earlier in 2018, the Chairperson received a move to adopt from Mr N Capa (ANC) and secondment from Mr W Maphanga (ANC), and declared the report adopted.
For the last item on the agenda, the Committee went through and adopted the minutes of the following meetings:
- 27 February 2018 ( Ms Gasebonwe-Tongwane moved for adoption and Mr A Madella (ANC) seconded)
- 6 March 2018 ( Ms Gasebonwe-Tongwane moved for adoption and Mr H Kruger (DA) seconded)
- 13 March 2018 ( Mr Capa moved for adoption and Mr Madella seconded)
- 20 March 2018 ( Mr Capa moved for adoption and Mr Kruger seconded)
- 22 March 2018 ( Mr Maphanga moved for adoption and Mr Madella seconded)
- 27 March 2018 ( Mr Madella moved for adoption and Mr Kruger seconded)
- 28 March 2018 (Mr Madella moved for adoption and Mr Capa seconded)
- 24 April 2018 ( Ms Gasebonwe-Tongwane moved for adoption and Mr Maphanga seconded)
- 8 May 2018 ( Inkosi R Cebekhulu (IFP) moved for adoption and Mr Kruger seconded)
- 15 May 2018 ( Mr Madella moved for adoption and Mr Kruger seconded)
The meeting was adjourned.
Semenya, Ms MR
Capa, Mr N
Cebekhulu, Inkosi RN
Gasebonwe, Ms TM
Kruger, Mr HC
Madella, Mr AF
Maphanga, Mr W B
Download as PDF
You can download this page as a PDF using your browser's print functionality. Click on the "Print" button below and select the "PDF" option under destinations/printers.
See detailed instructions for your browser here.