The Committee considered its Committee Report recommendations on the DTI Budget Vote and then adopted the Report.
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) 2018/19 Budget: Committee Report
The Chairperson said that the recommendations in the Report were drafted taking into account the political parties’ recommendations her office received from Members. The Recommendations included:
- Engaging with other Ministers to ensure the adoption of a coordinated approach to overcome the impediments that have arisen with respect to tenders related to designated products and sectors being awarded but not followed through with the related orders.
- Engaging with the Auditor-General to ensure the finalisation of the audit outcomes by the Auditor- General for local public procurement.
- Additional funding for the Manufacturing Competitive Enhancement Programme and the tabling of a long- term plan in the current financial year.
- Finalising the South African Automotive Master Plan and the Automotive Industrial Development Plan.
- Capitalising on the positive business environment to accelerate the productive investment initiatives and promoting increased competitiveness particularly in South Africa’s comparative advantages.
- Amending the BBBEE legislation to ensure that the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Commission is able to effectively monitor and enforce the provisions of the Act.
- Strengthening public-private partnerships as well as developing constructive social compacts with civil society so that the country sustains its economic development.
The Committee reached a consensus on the recommendations and adoption was proposed.
The Committee adopted the Report, with the Democratic Alliance abstaining.
The meeting was adjourned.
Download as PDF
You can download this page as a PDF using your browser's print functionality. Click on the "Print" button below and select the "PDF" option under destinations/printers.
See detailed instructions for your browser here.