South African Reserve Bank Amendment BillCall for comments opened 02 November 2020 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 16 November 2020)
The Standing Committee on Finance invites stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the South African Reserve Bank Amendment Bill [B26 - 2018], which amends the South African Reserve Bank Act, 1989 (Act No.90 of 1989).
The South African Reserve Bank Amendment Bill [B26 - 2018] aims to:
- Amend the South African Reserve Bank Act, 1989, so as to delete certain definitions
- Insert a definition
- Provide for the appointment of certain Board directors by the Minister
- Provide for the tenure of office of appointed directors
- Deal with the filling of casual vacancies for appointed directors
- Make the State the sole holder of the shares in the Bank
- Repeal certain sections
- Give the Minister the power to appoint auditors of the Bank
- Give the Minister the power to make regulations relating to the appointment of appointed directors; and
- Provide for matters connected therewith.
Submissions must be received by no later than 12:00 on Monday 16 November 2020.
Those who want to make submissions at public hearings on Wednesday 18 November 2020 should specifically request this. These hearings will be conducted through Zoom.
Submissions must be directed to the Committee Secretaries, Mr Allen Wicomb and Ms Teboho Sepanya (Standing Committee on Finance), 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town 8000 or a
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / tel. 021 403 3759 / 021 403 3662 / 021 403 3782 or fax: 021 403 3942.
Issued by Hon. MJ Maswanganyi, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance (National Assembly).