Nominations: MDDA boardCall for comments opened 12 October 2020 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 30 October 2020)
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate suitable persons to fill two (2) vacancies of non-executive members on the Board of the Media Development and Diversity Agency, in terms of section 4 of the Media Development and Diversity Agency Act,2002 (Act No. 14 of 2002) (“MDDA Act”).
In terms of the MDDA Act, the MDDA was established to help create an enabling environment for media development and diversity by redressing the exclusion and marginalization of disadvantaged communities and persons from access to the media and the media industry. Its beneficiaries are community media and small commercial media projects.
A Board member must be:
• A person who is committed to fairness, freedom of expression, openness and accountability
• Representative of a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic and possess suitable qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of, amongst others: Community Media; Social, Labour and Development issues; Media; Economics, Financial Management and Funding; Advertising and Marketing; Journalism and Broadcast Programming; Media Research; Media Training, Literacy and Education; Media Law; and Information and Communication Technology policy; or any other related expertise or qualifications.
• Nominees must be South African citizens ordinarily resident in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following information:
• Full name, ID number and gender
• Contact address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
• Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
• Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations must be addressed to Committee Secretary Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma at email@example.com by no later than Friday,30 October 2020 at 16:00
Enquiries please contact Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma on tel 021 403 3733 or cell 083 709 8407
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 30 October 2020 at 16:00.
Please note that nominees will be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance and will not be eligible for appointment if they meet any of the criteria for disqualification in terms of section 5 of the MDDA Act. The nomination and interview process is a public process. Late submissions will not be considered.
Issued by Mr BM Maneli, MP: Chairperson, PC on Communications.