Conduct of Financial Institutions Draft BillCall for comments opened 29 September 2020 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 30 October 2020)
The National Treasury has published the second draft of the Conduct of Financial Institutions (COFI) Bill, and is asking you to comment.
The Draft Bill seeks to:
▪ protect financial customers, including by promoting the fair treatment and protection of financial customers by financial institutions;
▪ support fair, transparent and efficient financial markets;
▪ promote trust and confidence in the financial sector;
▪ support innovation and the development of and investment in sustainable innovative technologies, processes and practices;
▪ support sustainable competition in the provision of financial products and financial services;
▪ promote financial inclusion;
▪ promote transformation of the financial sector; and
▪ assist the South African Reserve Bank in maintaining financial stability;
Find here: Media Statement – Second Draft of Conduct of Financial Institutions Bill
Conduct of Financial Institutions Bill
Response document supporting the revised Conduct of Financial Institutions Bill September 2020
Comments can be emailed to the National Treasury at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 30 October 2020.