Auditing Profession Amendment BillCall for comments opened 24 September 2020 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 12 October 2020)
The Standing Committee on Finance invites stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the Auditing Profession Amendment Bill [B2 – 2020].
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament on Wednesday, 14 October 2020 via the Zoom platform.
Those who want to make submissions at the public hearings should indicate so.
The Bill aims to:
- Amend the Auditing Profession Act, 2005, so as to insert a definition
- Strengthen the governance of the Regulatory Board
- Strengthen the investigating and disciplinary processes
- Provide for the power to enter and search premises and to subpoena persons with information required for an investigation or disciplinary process
- Provide for the power to issue a warrant for purposes of entering and searching of premises
- Provide for processes to be followed after an investigation
- Provide for a duty to disclose information
- Provide for sanctions in admission of guilt process and following a disciplinary hearing
- Provide for offences relating to investigation and disciplinary process
- Provide for the protection of personal information
- Provide for transitional measures; and
- Provide for matters connected therewith
Issued by Hon. J Maswanganyi, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance (National Assembly)