Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Amendment Bill [B15-2013]Call for comments opened 05 August 2013 Share this page:
The Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Mineral Resources (National Assembly) invites interested individuals and organisations to submit written comments on the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Amendment Bill [B15-2013]
The Bill seeks to:
▪ Amend the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (Act No. 28 of 2002), as amended by the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Amendment Act, 2008 (Act no.49 of 2008); so as to remove ambiguities that exist within the Act;
▪ Provide for the regulations of associated minerals, partitioning of rights and enhance provisions relating to beneficiation of minerals;
▪ Promote national energy security;
▪ Streamline administrative processes;
▪ Align the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act with the Geoscience Act, 1993(Act No. 100 of 1993), as amended by the Geoscience Amendment Act, 2010 (Act No16 of 2010);
▪ Provide for enhanced sanctions;
▪ Improve the regulatory system.
Public hearings will be held in Parliament.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Ayanda Boss at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 06 September 2013, at 12:00.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Ayanda Boss on tel (021) 403-3768 or cell 083 709 8515
Issued by Ms F C Bikani, MP, Acting Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Mineral Resources