South African Weather Service Amendment Bill [B23-2013]Call for comments opened 26 July 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Water and Environmental Affairs hereby invites interested people and stakeholders to submit written comments on the South African Weather Service Amendment Bill [B23 -2013].
The Bill seeks to:
▪ amend the South African Weather Service Act, 2001, so as to substitute and insert certain definitions;
▪ extend the objectives and functions of the Weather Service;
▪ provide the Minister with supervisory powers;
▪ provide for the Board to be the accounting authority for the Weather Service;
▪ delete certain obsolete provisions;
▪ provide for the limitation of liability of the Weather Service;
▪ provide for offences and penalties; to amend the Schedules to the Act;.
For more information please find here: Final Press Statement SAWS Bill
Comments can be emailed to Ms Tyhileka Madubela at email@example.com by no later than Sunday, 25 August 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tyhileka Madubela on tel (021) 403 3713 or cell 083 304 9586
Issued by Adv. Johnny de Lange, M.P.: Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Water and Environmental Affairs, 24 July 2013