Fiscal Framework and Revenue ProposalsCall for comments opened 12 February 2020 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 02 March 2020)
The Standing Committee on Finance and the Select Committee on Finance invite you to submit written submissions on the Fiscal Framework and Revenue Proposals that were tabled together with the 2020/2021 Budget on Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
The Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Act, Act No 9 of 2009, defines the fiscal framework as follows: The framework for a specific financial year gives effect to the national executive’s macro-economic policy and includes:
▪ estimates of all revenue, budgetary and extra-budgetary specified separately, expected to be raised during that financial year
▪ estimates of all expenditure, budgetary and extra-budgetary specified separately, for that financial year
▪ estimates of borrowing for that financial year
▪ estimates of interest and debt servicing charges; and
▪ indication of the contingency reserve necessary for an appropriate response to emergencies or other temporary needs, and other factors based on similar objective criteria.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament on Wednesday, 4 March 2020.
Submissions and your indication to make oral presentation must be received by no later than 12:00 on Monday, 2 March 2020.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Allen Wicomb at email@example.com and Ms Teboho Sepanya at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr Nkululeko Mangweni at email@example.com by no later than 12:00 on Monday, 2 March 2020.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Allen Wicomb on tel (021) 403 3759 and Ms Teboho Sepanya on tel (021) 403 3738 or Mr Nkululeko Mangweni on tel (021) 403 3782.
Issued by Hon. MJ Maswanganyi, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance (National Assembly) and Hon. YI Carrim, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Finance (National Council of Provinces).