Part-time Member of the Information RegulatorCall for comments opened 05 January 2020 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 31 January 2020
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for ONE suitable person to be appointed as a part-time member of the Information Regulator for a period of five years.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act NO 4 of 2013, members of the Regulator must be South African citizens who are appropriately qualified, fit and proper persons—
▪ at least one of whom must be appointed on account of experience as a practising advocate or attorney or a professor of law at a university; and
▪ the remainder of whom must be appointed on account of any other qualifications, expertise and experience relating to the objects of the Regulator.
A person may not be appointed as a member of the Regulator if he or she—
▪ is not a citizen of the Republic;
▪ is a public servant;
▪ is a member of Parliament, any provincial legislature or any municipal council;
▪ is an office-bearer or employee of any political party;
▪ is an unrehabilitated insolvent;
▪ has been declared by a court to be mentally ill or unfit; or
has at any time been convicted, whether in the Republic or elsewhere, of any offence involving dishonesty.
Nominations must contain the full name, address/email address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination; a signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee; and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing the nominee’s:
▪ Full name, ID number and gender;
▪ Contact details including physical address, telephone / cell number and email address;
▪ Relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and
▪ Academic qualifications.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Vhonani Ramaano at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 31 January 2020 at 17h00.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr V Ramaano on tel: (021) 403-3820 or cell: 083 709 8427.