National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Board VacanciesCall for comments opened 17 December 2019 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 24 January 2020
The Joint Sub-Committee Portfolio Committee on Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities and the Select Committee on Health and Social Services: Appointment of Board Members to the National Youth Development Agency invites applications and nominations for suitable candidates to serve on the Board of the National Youth Development Agency. The NYDA Board has seven vacancies to be filled.
The Board is established in terms of the National Youth Development Agency Act (Act No.54 of 2008). Appointed Board Members will hold office for a period of three (3) years.
The following are the functions of the Board:
- Manage the operational policy of the National Youth Development Agency and,
- Exercise control over its powers and execution of its function.
Requirements: The Nominee or individual applicants must:
(a) Be a South African citizen; and
(b) Comply with all the requirements prescribed by the National Youth Development Agency Act, 2008, in particular provision of section 10 of the Act which disqualifies a person for appointment on the following grounds:
• An unrehabilitated insolvent
• Has been convicted and imprisoned without the option of a fine, or fined more than the prescribed amount, for theft, fraud, forgery, perjury, and offence in connection with the promotion, formation or management of a company, any violation of the Public Finance Management Act or any offence involving dishonesty
• has, as a result of improper conduct, been removed from an office of trust; or
• has been declared by a court to be mentally ill or unfit.
(c) Must attach certified copies of qualifications to their Curriculum Vitae
(d) Must fill in a questionnaire that can be accessed from Parliament’s website, NYDA’s offices or contact Ms Neliswa Nobatana as mentioned below and this should be submitted by no later than 31 January 2020.
(e) Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to security pre-employment and human resource screening.
Nominations and applications must contain full name and address of the person/organisation making the nomination, a signed acceptance (in case of a nomination) and the Curriculum Vitae providing the candidate’s
- Full name, identity document (ID) number and gender
- Address and telephone and fax numbers (where applicable
- Previous experience, quoting dates and organisation concerned; and
- Recently certified academic qualifications
All applications and nominations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 24 January 2020 at 16:00. Late applications will not be considered
The shortlisted candidates will be subjected to security pre-employment and human resource screening.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Neliswa Nobatana at Tel: 021 403 3840 or Cell: 083709 8472 or Email: email@example.com