National Sport and Recreation Amendment draft Bill, 2020Call for comments opened 13 December 2019 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 28 February 2020)
The Department of Sport and Recreation invites you to submit written representations on the draft Amendment Bill to Sport and Recreation South Africa (‘’SRSA’’) as set out hereunder.
Find here: National Sport and Recreation Amendment draft Bill, 2020
Memorandum on the Objects of the National Sport and Recreation Amendment Bill, 2020
The draft Amendment Bill seeks to amend the National Sport and Recreation Act, 1998 (Act No. 110 of 1998 as amended) as follows:
▪ delete, amend and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the promotion and development of sport and recreation;
▪ establish a Sport Arbitration Tribunal to resolve disputes between sport or recreation bodies;
▪ provide for and regulate combat sport;
▪ provide for and regulate the fitness industry;
▪ provide for the procedure in bidding for and hosting of international sports and recreation events;
▪ provide for the delegation of powers;
▪ provide for offences and penalties; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Comments can be emailed to Adv. Nkosana Mehlomakulu at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 28 February 2020
No late representations in the above regard shall be accepted.