Social Assistance Amendment Bill [B8 - 2018]Call for comments opened 24 November 2019 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 13 December 2019
The Portfolio Committee on Social Development invites you to submit written comments on the Social Assistance Amendment Bill.
The Bill seeks to amend the Social Assistance Act, 2004, so as to:
▪ insert new definitions;
▪ provide for additional payments linked to social grants;
▪ provide for payment of benefits to a child-headed household; to provide for social relief of distress in the event of a disaster;
▪ repeal the internal reconsideration process;
▪ provide for an Independent Tribunal to consider appeals against decisions of the Agency;
▪ provide for the establishment of the Inspectorate as a government component;
Comments can be emailed to Ms Lindiwe Ntsabo at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 13 December 2019
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Lindiwe Ntsabo on tel (021) 403 8230 or cell 083 709 8524
You can track the bill here
Issued by Mr M Gungubele, MP- Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Social Development.