2019 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS)Call for comments opened 04 November 2019 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 22 November 2019)
Standing Committee on Appropriations
The Standing and Select Committees on Appropriations invite you to submit written submissions on the 2019 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS) that was tabled before Parliament on 30 October 2019.
The Minister of Finance tabled the 2019 MTBPS (including the Division of Revenue Amendment Bill and the Adjustments Appropriation Bill) in accordance with section 6 (1) and section 12 of the Money Bills and Related Matters Act No. 9 of 2009 (as amended) (the Act). The National Assembly and National Council of Provinces’ Appropriations Committees are required according to the Act, to consider and report on the following issues:
▪ the spending priorities of national government for the next three years;
▪ the proposed division of revenue between the spheres of government and between arms of government within a sphere for the next three years; and
▪ the proposed substantial adjustments to conditional grants to provinces and local government, if any.
Joint Public hearings will be held at Parliament as follows:
▪ Friday, 15 November 2019: 2019 Division of Revenue Amendment Bill (Standing Committee on Appropriations: NA and Select Committee on Appropriations: NCOP). Submissions and/or an indication of your intention to make a verbal presentation must be received by no later than 16:00 on Wednesday, 13 November 2019
▪ Friday, 29 November 2019: 2019 MTBPS and 2019 Adjustments Appropriation Bill (Standing Committee on Appropriations: NA and Select Committee on Appropriations: NCOP). Submissions and/or an indication of your intention to make a verbal presentation must be received by no later than 16:00 on Friday, 22 November 2019.
Comments can be emailed to Mr D Arends at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr L Nodada at Lnodada@parliament.gov.za by no later than 16:00 on Friday, 22 November 2019
Enquiries can be directed to Mr D Arends on tel (021) 403 8105 or Mr L Nodada on tel (021) 403 3669
Copies of the 2019 MTBPS will be available at www.parliament.gov.za and www.treasury.gov.za from 30 October 2019.
Issued by Hon. SN Buthelezi, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Appropriations (National Assembly) and Hon. DG Mahlangu, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Appropriations (National Council of Provinces).