Housing Consumer Protection Bill 2019 - draftCall for comments opened 30 August 2019 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 29 October 2019
The Department of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation has published the Housing Consumer Protection Draft Bill 2019, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to:
• provide for the protection of housing consumers;
• provide for the continuance of the National Home Builders Registration Council as the National Home Building Regulatory Council;
• provide for the registration of homebuilders;
• provide for the enrolment of homes in order to be covered by the home warranty fund;
• provide for the regulation of the conduct of homebuilders;
• provide for the continuance of the home warranty fund;
• provide for claims against the fund; to provide for the funds of the Council and for the management of those funds;
• provide for procurement and contractual matters in relation to the building of a home;
• provide for the enforcement of this Act;
• repeal the Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act, 1998
Comments can be emailed to Ms Rose Murray at Rose.Murray@dhs.gov.za or Ms Lisa Masilo at Lisa.Masilo@dhs.gov.za by no later than Tuesday, 29 October 2019.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Rose Murray on tel (012) 444 9097 or Ms Lisa on tel (012) 444 9283