Nominations: SABC BoardCall for comments opened 30 November 2018 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 21 December 2018
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons who will fill eight vacancies of non-executive members to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).
The positions arose from the withdrawal of Ms Nomvuyiso Batyi from the recommended list of 12 and the resignation of seven other members for the reminder of the term of office of the current board as stipulated in section 13(8) of the Broadcasting Act, No 4 of 1999.
The South African Broadcasting Corporation was established in terms of the Broadcasting Act (1936) as a government enterprise to provide radio and television broadcasting services to South Africa.
Members of the Board, when viewed collectively, must be persons who:
• are suited to serve on the Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism, entertainment and education, social and labour issues
• are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and accountability on the part of those holding public office
•represent a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic
• are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the Charter of the SABC
• are South African citizens permanently resident in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following information:
• Full name, ID number and gender • Contact address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address
• Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
• Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 21 December 2018 at 16:00
Enquiries please contact Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma on tel (021) 403 3733 or cell 0837098407.
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 21 December 2018 at 16:00
Please note that nominees will be subjected to qualifications check and security clearance. Late nominations will not be considered.
Issued by Prof Hlengiwe Buhle Mkhize, MP – Chairperson: PC on Communications.