South African Weather Service Amendment Draft BillCall for comments opened 02 July 2013 Share this page:
The Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs intends to introduce the South African Weather Service Amendment Bill into Parliament during August 2013.
The Bill aims to amend the South African Weather Service Act, 2001, so as to:
▪ substitute and insert certain definitions;
▪ extend the objectives and functions of the Weather Service;
▪ provide the Minister with supervisory powers;
▪ provide for the Board to be the accounting authority for the Weather Service;
▪ delete certain obsolete provisions;
▪ provide for the limitation of liability of the Weather Service;
▪ provide for offences and penalties;
▪ amend the Schedules to the Act.
You are invited to make written comments on the draft Bill.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Sibusiso Shabalala at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sunday, 14 July 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Sibusiso Shabalala on tel (012) 310 3449