Nominations: SABC Board: Deadline 19 JulyCall for comments opened 25 June 2013 Share this page:
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons to fill vacancies of non-executive members to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation Limited, as stipulated in Section 13 of the Broadcasting Act, No 4 of 1999.
The South African Broadcasting Corporation was established in terms of the Broadcasting Act (1936) as a government enterprise to provide radio and television broadcasting services to South Africa.
Requirements: Members of the Board, when viewed collectively, must be persons who:
• are suited to serve on the Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism, entertainment and education, as well as social and labour issues
• are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and accountability on the part of those holding public office
• represent a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic
• are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the Charter of the SABC. Nominees must also be South African citizens permanently resident in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain:
- the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination,
- the nominee's signed acceptance of the nomination
- his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following information:
• Full name, ID number and gender
• Contact address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
• Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
• Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations can be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 19 July 2013 at 16:00
Enquiries please contact Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma on tel (021) 403 3733 or cell 083 709 8407
Please note that nominees may be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance. Late submissions will not be considered.
Issued by the Hon S.E. Kholwane, MP: Chairperson, PC on Communications.