Banks Amendment Bill [B12 – 2018]Call for comments opened 27 August 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 03 September 2018)
The Standing Committee on Finance invites you to submit written submissions on the Banks Amendment Bill [B12-2018] - a Private Member's Bill.
The Banks Amendment Bill aims to:
▪ amend the Banks Act, 1990, so as amend and insert certain definitions;
▪ enable a state-owned company to register and conduct the business of a bank in terms of the Banks Act;
▪ allow a state-owned company to register an appropriate memorandum of incorporation with the Commissioner appointed in terms of the Companies Act;
▪ enable a state-owned company to exercise control over a bank;
▪ allow a state-owned company to be eligible to apply for registration as a controlling company.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament on Tuesday, 4 September 2018.
Submissions and your indication to make oral presentation must be received by no later than 12:00 on Monday, 3 September 2018.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Teboho Sepanya at email@example.com and Mr Allen Wicomb at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12:00 on Monday, 3 September 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Teboho Sepanya on tel (021) 403-3738 or Mr Allen Wicomb on tel 021) 403-3759
Issued by Hon. YI Carrim, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance (National Assembly)