Labour Relations Amendment Bill [B 32A–2017]Call for comments opened 05 June 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 08 June 2018)
The Select Committee on Economic and Business Development invites you to submit their written submissions on the Labour Relations Amendment Bill [B 32A–2017].
The Labour Relations Amendment Bill [B 32A–2017] seeks to amend the Labour Relations Act, 1995, so as to:
▪ provide criteria for the Minister before the Minister is compelled to extend the collective agreement as contemplated in the Act;
▪ provide for the renewal and extension of funding agreements;
▪ provide for picketing by collective agreement or by determination by the Commission in terms of picketing regulations;
▪ provide for the classification of a ratified or determined minimum service;
▪ extend the meaning of ballot to include any voting by members that is recorded in secret;
▪ provide for the independence of the registrar and the deputy registrar;
▪ provide for an advisory arbitration panel;
▪ provide for an advisory arbitration award;
▪ provide for transitional provisions.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Noziphiwo Dinizulu at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 8 June 2018
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Noziphiwo Dinizulu on tel (021) 403 3779 or cell 083 709 8393
Stakeholders interested in making oral submissions are also requested to make a written request or contact our office by not later than Friday, 8 June 2018.
All correspondence should be addressed to Mr Mandla Isaac Rayi: Chairperson of the Select Committee on Economic and Business Development and marked for the attention of Ms Noziphiwo Dinizulu
Issued by: Mr Mandla Isaac Rayi, MP Chairperson of the Select Committee on Economic and Business Development.