Political Party Funding BillCall for comments opened 16 May 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 08 June 2018)
The Ad Hoc Committee on the Funding of Political Parties (National Council of Provinces) invites you to make written submissions on the Political Party Funding Bill [B33 – 2017].
The Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for, and regulate, the public and private funding of political parties, in particular: the establishment and management of Funds to fund represented political parties sufficiently;
▪ prohibit certain donations made directly to political parties;
▪ regulate disclosure of donations accepted;
▪ determine the duties of political parties in respect of funding;
▪ provide for powers and duties of the Commission;
provide for administrative fines;
▪ create offences and penalties; to repeal the Public Funding of Represented Political Parties Act, 1997 and provide for transitional matters; and related matters.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament by the Ad Hoc Committee on the Funding of Political Parties (NCOP) on Thursday, 14 June 2018 and Wednesday, 20 June 2018.
Please note: The closing date to make submissions or indicate your intention to make an oral presentation is at 16:00 on Friday, 8 June 2018.
Comments can be emailed to Ms E Grunewald at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 16:00 on Friday, 8 June 2018.
For Public hearings' dates and enquiries please contact Ms E Grunewald on tel 021 403 3843 or cell 071 363 2257
Read all the Ad hoc Committee (NA) deliberations here https://pmg.org.za/committee/132/