Draft Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws “VAT” BillCall for comments opened 04 April 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 20 April 2018)
Finance Standing Committee
free email alerts whenever we get new information about it.
The Standing Committee on Finance and the Select Committee on Finance invites stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the Draft Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws “VAT” Bill.
The Bill aims to:
- fix the rates of normal tax;
- amend the Estate Duty Act, 1955, so as to amend the rate of estate duty;
- to amend the Income Tax Act, 1962, so as to amend rates of tax and monetary amounts;
- amend the Customs and Excise Act, 1964, so as to amend rates of duty in Schedule 1 to that Act;
- amend the Value-Added Tax Act, 1991, so as to amend the rate of the Value-Added Tax;
- amend a provision so as to provide for more efficient taxation of electronic commerce; and
- provide for matters connected therewith.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament on 25 April and 2 May 2018.
Submissions and your indication to make oral presentation must be sent to Mr Allen Wicomb firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms Teboho Sepanya email@example.com or Mr Zolani Rento firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12:00 on Friday, 20 April 2018
Enquiries can be directed to the Committee Secretaries on (021) 403-3759 or (021) 403-3738 or (021) 403-8071