National Research Foundation Amendment Bill [B23-2017]Call for comments opened 26 January 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 16 February 2018)
The Portfolio Committee on Science and Technology invites you to submit written comments on the National Research Foundation Amendment Bill [B23-2017].
The Bill seeks to amend the National Research Foundation Act, 1998, so as to:
▪ delete and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the Minister to determine national policies and issues policy guidelines for implementation;
▪ extend the functions, powers and duties of the Foundation;
▪ empower the Minister to make regulations relating to the determination of national research facilities;
▪ provide for the withdrawal of the determination or transfer of a national research facility;
▪ empower the Minister to declare a research institution and its eligibility to receive funding;
▪ make certain textual alterations;
▪ provide for the liquidation of the Foundation;
▪ delete certain inappropriate or obsolete provisions.
In addition to the written comments, please indicate if you are interested in making a verbal presentation
Comments can be emailed to Ms Shanaaz Isaacs at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 16 February 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Shanaaz Isaacs on tel (021) 403 3763 or cell 083 709 8536
Issued by Ms LM Maseko, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Science and Technology