Property Valuation Draft BillCall for comments opened 03 June 2013 Share this page:
The Minister for Rural Development and Land Reforms has published the Property Valuation Bill, 2013 for public comment.
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments.
The Bill seeks:
- to provide for the establishment, functions and powers of the Office of the Valuer-General;
- to provide for the appointment and responsibilities of the Valuer-General ;
- to provide for the valuation of property identified for land reforms or expropriation for purpose of determining a value as well as property identified for acquisition or disposal by a department, organ of state or municipality;
- to provide for the establishment of a review committee to consider and decide on objections to valuations by the Office of the Valuer-General;
- to provide for the repeal of the Land Affairs Act.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Fanie Louw or Ms B R Naidoo at firstname.lastname@example.org / SLLouw@ruraldevelopment.gov.za / BRNaidoo@ruraldevelopment.gov.za by no later than Sunday, 23 June 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tshepo Mahlaela on tel (012) 312 8314.
The bill is also available here: www.pmg.org.za/bill