Comment: Restitution of Land Rights Draft BillCall for comments opened 28 May 2013 Share this page:
The Minister of Rural Development and Land Reforms publishes the Restitution of Land Rights Amendment Bill, 2013 for public comment.
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments.
The Bill amends the Restitution of Land Rights Act, 1994, so as:
- to amend the cut-off date for lodging a claim for restitution;
- to further regulate the appointment, tenure of office, remuneration and the terms and conditions of service of judges of the Land Claims Court;
- to make further provision for the advertisement of claims;
- to provide that the lodging of a fraudulent claim shall be an offence;
- to provide for additional factors which must be considered by the Court when considering whether to order restoration;
- to extend the Ministers powers of delegation.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Fanie Louw or Ms B R Naidoo at firstname.lastname@example.org ;SLLouw@ruraldevelopment.gov.za / BRNaidoo@ruraldevelopment.gov.za by no later than Sunday, 23 June 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tshepo Mahlaela on tel (012) 312 8314.
The bill is also available here: www.pmg.org.za/bill