Critical Infrastructure Protection BillCall for comments opened 29 October 2017 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 24 November 2017)
The Portfolio Committee on Police invites you to submit written comments on the Critical Infrastructure Protection Bill [B 22-2017].
The Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for the identification and declaration of infrastructure as critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for guidelines and factors to be taken into account to ensure transparent identification and declaration of critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for measures to be put in place for the protection, safeguarding and resilience of critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for the establishment of the Critical Infrastructure Council and its functions;
▪ provide for the administration of the Act under the control of the National Commissioner as well as the functions of the National Commissioner in relation to the Act;
▪ provide for the establishment of committees and their functions;
▪ provide for the designation and functions of inspectors;
▪ provide for the powers and duties of persons in control of critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for reporting obligations; to provide for transitional arrangements;
▪ provide for the repeal of the National Key Points Act, 1980, and related laws;
▪ provide for matters connected therewith.
Submissions can be sent to Ms Babalwa Mbengo at email@example.com by no later than 13:00 on Friday, 24 November 2017.
Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Babalwa Mbengo on tel: 021 403 3741 or cell 083 709 8489 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Track the Bill here