Comment: Agricultural Produce Marketing Agencies Draft BillCall for comments opened 09 April 2013 Share this page:
The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries published the draft Agricultural Produce Marketing Agencies Bill 2013 for public comment.
The purpose of the Bill is to:
▪ Provide for the continued existence and name change of Agricultural Produce Agents Council to Agricultural Produce Marketing Agency;
▪ Provide for the continued existence and name change of the Fresh Produce Agents Fidelity Fund to Agricultural Produce Marketing Agency Fidelity Fund;
▪ Provide for the constitution of the Board of the Agricultural Produce Marketing Agency;
▪ Provide for broad objects and functions of the Agricultural Produce Marketing Agency;
▪ Make certain provisions applicable to all or certain categories of agricultural produce agents, auctioneer, brokers and wholesalers;
▪ Provide for the regulation of fresh produce markets;
▪ Provide for compulsory training, registration and accreditation of all agricultural produce agents, auctioneers, brokers, wholesalers, sales persons and booking clerks;
▪ Repeal the Agricultural Produce Agents Act, 1992.
Interested persons and the public are invited to submit comments on the Bill.
Comments can be emailed to Mr H.M Mamabolo at MogalaM@daff.gov.za or PA.DM@daff.gov.za by no later than Monday, 27 May 2013
Enquiries can be directed to Mr. H.M Mamabolo on tel (012) 319 8455 or (012) 319 8456