Nominations: Appointment of two members to to the Board of the Media Development And Diversity Agency (MDDA)Call for comments opened 15 December 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 20 January 2017)
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons to fill two (2) vacancies of non-executive members to the Board of the Media Development and Diversity Agency, in terms of section 4 of the Media Development and Diversity Agency Act, 2002 (Act No 14 of 2002).
The Media Development and Diversity Agency was created to enable “historically disadvantaged communities and persons not adequately served by the media” to gain access to the media. Its beneficiaries are community media and small commercial media.
A Board member will be:
- A person who is committed to fairness, freedom of expression, openness and accountability
- Representative of a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic and possess suitable qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of, amongst others:
- Community Media
- Social, labour and development issues
- Media economics, financial management and funding
- Advertising and marketing
- Journalism and broadcast programming
- Media research
- Media training, literacy and education
- Media Law
- Information and communication technology policy; or any other related expertise or qualifications. Nominees must also be South African citizens permanently residing in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least the following
- Full name, ID number and gender
- Contact address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
- Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 20 January 2017 at 16:00
Enquiries please contact Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma on tel (021) 403 3733 or cell 0837098407.
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 20 January 2017 at 16:00
Please note that nominees may be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance. Late submissions will not be considered.
Issued by Mr Humphrey Maxegwana, MP: Chairperson, PC on Communications.