National Qualifications Framework Amendment Bill, 2016 - draftCall for comments opened 22 November 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 18 December 2016)
The Department of Higher Education and Training has published the National Qualifications Framework Amendment Draft Bill, 2016 and is asking you comment.
The Bill seeks to amend the National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008 so as to :
▪ provide for the substitution of the Long Title;
▪ provide for the insertion of new definitions;
▪ provide for the accreditation of private education institutions or private providers to offer qualifications or part -qualifications or any component thereof as contemplated in the principal Act;
▪ provide for a separate register for professional designations;
▪ provide for the formulation of evaluation criteria of foreign qualifications;
▪ provide for the establishment of a register of fraudulent qualifications;
▪ provide for the adherence of education institutions, employers and courts of law to the legal obligations to report fraudulent qualifications;
▪ provide for the establishment by SAQA of a register of misrepresented qualifications;
▪ provide for employers to be obliged to refer qualifications of employees to SAQA for validation and verification;
▪ provide for transitional arrangements.
Comments can be emailed to Adv. E Boshoff at Boshoff.E@dhet.gov.za by no later than Sunday, 18 December 2016.