Draft Social Assistance Amendment Bill, 2016Call for comments opened 01 November 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 30 November 2016)
The Department of Social Development invites you to comment on the Draft Social Assistance Amendment Bill, 2016.
The Bill seeks to amend the Social Assistance Act, 2004, so as to:
• insert new definitions;
• provide for additional payments or benefits linked to social assistance;
• establish the Supplementary Benefits Fund;
• provide for social relief of distress in the event of a disaster;
• repeal the internal reconsideration process;
• provide for the establishment of the Inspectorate as a government component.
Comments can be emailed to Mr M Ratshisusu at SAABill@dsd.gov.za by no later than Wednesday, 30 November 2016