National Gambling Amendment Draft Bill, 2016Call for comments opened 03 October 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 14 November 2016)
Trade, Industry and Competition
The Department of Trade and Industry, having obtained Cabinet approval, has published the draft National Gambling Amendment Bill for broader public comment, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to amend the National Gambling Act, 2004, so as to:
• amend certain definitions; to delete any reference to the National Gambling Board;
• provide for the repositioning of the National Gambling Board as a Regulator;
• provide for the recognition of self -regulating body of the horseracing industry;
• provide for the electronic form of bingo;
• strengthen the regulation of casinos, limited pay -out machines and bingo;
• provide for automatic forfeiture of unlawful winnings to the National Gambling Regulator;
• provide for the restriction of gambling advertisements, unsolicited advertisements and promotions;
• provide for certain new offences.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Tsholofelo Shale at [email protected] by no later than Monday, 14 November 2016.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tsholofelo Shale on tel (012) 394 1302