Nomination of 7 SAHRC CommissionersCall for comments opened 02 September 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 16 September 2016)
Justice and Correctional Services
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites applications and nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for Seven suitable persons to be recommended for appointment as a Commissioners to the SAHRC.
Please note that all candidates who had applied or been nominated for the vacancies in 2015 and 2016 MUST apply or send the nomination again.
The nominee must:
- be a South African citizen and fit and proper person to hold office of the Commission, as contemplated in section 193(1) of the Constitution;
- have a record of commitment to the promotion of respect for human rights and a culture of human rights;
- be a person with applicable knowledge or experience with regard to matters connected with the objects of the Commission; and
- comply with any other requirements prescribed by national legislation, in particular the South African Human Rights Commission Act, 2013.
Applications/nominations must contain the full name, address/email address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination; a signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee; and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing the nominee’s:
- Full name, ID number and gender;
- Contact details including physical address, telephone / cell number and email address;
- Relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and
- Academic qualifications.
All candidates will be subjected to vetting and verification of qualifications.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Vhonani Ramaano at [email protected] by no later than Friday, 16 September 2016 at 17h00.
Enquiries please contact Mr Vhonani Ramaano on tel (021) 403-3820 or cell: 083 709 8427.
Issued by Dr Mathole Motshekga MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services