Higher Education Amendment Bill [B36B-2015]Call for comments opened 19 August 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 05 September 2016)
The Select Committee on Education and Recreation (National Council of Provinces) invites you to submit written comments on the Higher Education Amendment Bill [B36B-2015].
Objects of the Bill:
To amend the Higher Education Act, 1997, so as to:
• provide for the insertion of new definitions; to provide for the determination of transformation policy and oversight mechanisms for the public higher education system;
• provide for the development of articulation and recognition of prior learning frameworks across the education system;
• provide for new institutional types;
• provide for the conversion of public higher education institutions;
• provide for the powers of the council of a public higher education institution to invest funds;
• provide further for the issuing of Ministerial directives;
• provide for indemnification of an independent assessor;
• provide for the indemnification and termination of the term of office of an administrator;
• provide for different categories of registration of private higher education institutions and the associated rights to extend the power to award diplomas, certificates and confer degrees to private higher education institutions;
• provide for the withdrawal and revocation of qualifications by public or private higher education institutions.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Marcelle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday 05 September 2016 at 12:00.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Marcelle Williams on tel (021) 403 3799 or cell 083 709 8451
Issued by Mrs LL Zwane, MP, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Education and Recreation.