Border Management Authority Bill [B9-2016]Call for comments opened 12 August 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 08 September 2016)
The Portfolio Committee on Home Affairs (National Assembly) invites you to submit written comments on the Border Management Authority Bill [B9-2016].
Objects of the Bill:
The Border Management Authority Bill seeks:
- to provide for the establishment, organisation, regulation, functions and control of the Border Management Authority;
- to provide for the appointment, terms of office, conditions of service and functions of Commissioner;
- to provide for the appointment and terms and conditions of employment of officials;
- to provide for the duties, functions and powers of officers;
- to provide for the establishment of an Inter-Ministerial Consultative Committee, Border Technical Committee and advisory committees;
- to provide for delegations; to provide for the review or appeal of decisions of officers;
- to provide for certain offences and penalties;
- to provide for the Minister of Home Affairs to make regulations with regard to certain matters.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Eddy Mathonsi at [email protected] by no later than Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 16:00.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Eddy Mathonsi on tel (021) 403 3826 or cell 083 709 8523
Issued by Mr BL Mashile, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Home Affairs.