National Research Foundation Amendment Draft Bill, 2015Call for comments opened 05 August 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 05 October 2016)
The Department of Science and Technology has published the National Research Foundation Amendment Bill 2015, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to amend the National Research Foundation Act, 1998, so as to:
• delete and insert certain definitions;
• extend the functions of the Foundation;
• provide for the Minister to determine policies and issue policy guidelines to the Foundation;
• empower the Minister to determine the process for and the establishment of a national research facility, its functions, governance, funding and access to national research facilities;
• provide for the withdrawal of the determination or transfer a national research facility;
• make certain textual alterations;
• delete certain inappropriate or obsolete provisions.
Comments can be emailed to Dr. Phethiwe Matutu at Phethiwe.Matutu@dst.gov.za by no later than Wednesday, 5 October 2016.