Protected Disclosures Amendment Bill [B40 – 2015]Call for comments opened 27 July 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 12 August 2016)
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites you to submit written submissions on the Protected Disclosures Amendment Bill [B40 – 2015].
The purpose of the Protected Disclosures Amendment Bill is to:
• Amend the Protected Disclosures Act, 2000, so as to extend the application of the Act to any person who works or worked for the State or another person or who in any manner assists or assisted in carrying on or conducting the business of an employer or client as an independent contractor, consultant, agent or person rendering services to a client while being employed by a temporary employment service;
• Regulate joint liability of employers and their clients;
• Introduce a duty to inform employees or workers who have disclosed information regarding unlawful or irregular conduct;
• Provide for immunity against civil and criminal liability flowing from a disclosure of information which shows or tends to show that a criminal offence has been committed, is being committed or is reasonably likely to be committed;
• To create an offence for the disclosure of false information.
Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation. Public hearings will be held in Parliament.
Comments can be emailed to Mr. V Ramaano at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 12 August 2016.
For Public hearings’ dates and enquiries please contact Mr. V Ramaano on tel (021) 403 3829 or cell 083 709 8427.
Issued by Hon. M Motshekga, MP, Chairperson: PC on Justice and Correctional Services.