Nomination of 5 SAHRC CommissionersCall for comments opened 27 July 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 12 July 2016)
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for FIVE suitable persons to be appointed as Commissioners to the SAHRC. Applications will also be accepted. A list of applications/nominations and CVs received may be published in order to allow members of the public to comment on the suitability of candidates.
The nominee must:
• be a South African citizen and a fit and proper person to hold office of the Commission, as contemplated in section 193(1) of the Constitution;
• have a record of commitment to the promotion of respect for human rights and a culture of human rights;
• be a person with applicable knowledge or experience with regard to matters connected with the objects of the Commission; and
• comply with any other requirements prescribed by national legislation, in particular the South African Human Rights Commission Act, 2013.
Applications/nominations must contain the full name, address/email address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination; a signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee; and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing the nominee’s:
• Full name, ID number and gender;
• Contact details including physical address, telephone / cell number and email address;
• Relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and
• Academic qualifications.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Vhonani Ramaano at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Wednesday, 12 August 2016 at 17h00.
Enquiries please contact Mr Vhonani Ramaano on tel (021) 403-3820 or cell: 083 709 8427.
Issued by Dr M Motshekga MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services.