Draft Critical Infrastructure Protection Bill, 2016Call for comments opened 16 May 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 15 June 2016)
The Civilian Secretariat for Police Service has published the Draft Critical Infrastructure Protection Bill 2016, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for the identification and declaration of infrastructure as critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for guidelines and factors to be taken into account to ensure transparent identification and declaration of critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for measures to be put in place for the protection, safeguarding and resilience of critical infrastructure;
▪ provide for the establishment of the Critical Infrastructure Council and its functions; the administration of the Act under the control of the National Commissioner as well as the functions of the National Commissioner in relation to the Act;
▪ provide for the establishment of committees and their functions;
▪ provide for the designation and functions of inspectors; to provide for the powers and duties of persons in control of critical infrastructure; to provide for reporting obligations; to provide for transitional arrangements;
▪ repeal the National Key Points Act, 1980 (Act No. 102 of 1980).
Comments can be emailed to Ms Noluthando Xuba at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Wednesday, 15 June 2016.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Noluthando Xuba on tel (012) 393 4658