Performing Animal Protection Amendment Bill [B9B-2015]Call for comments opened 12 April 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 22 April 2016)
The Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources invites you to submit written submissions on the Performing Animal Protection Amendment Bill [B9B-2015 (S75)]
The purpose of the Performing Animal Protection Amendment Bill is to amend the Performing Animals Protection Act, 1935, so as to:
▪ repeal certain sections and to insert certain definitions; to provide for the designation of a National Licensing Officer;
▪ provide for a procedure for the application for a licence to exhibit and train performing animals or use of animals for safeguarding;
▪ provide for the functions of a National Licensing Officer;
▪ provide for the issuance of licences;
▪ provide for an appeals process.
Comments can be emailed to Mr A A Bawa at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 22 April 2016.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr A A Bawa on tel: (021) 403-3762.
Issued by Hon. OJ Sefako, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources.