Nomination: Appointment of the Inspector General for IntelligenceCall for comments opened 01 April 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 13 April 2016)
The Chairperson of the Joint Standing Committee on Intelligence (JSCI), Ms CC September, MP, on behalf of the JSCI hereby invites applications for the position of the Inspector General of Intelligence as required by Section 210(b) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 read with Section 7 (1) of the Intelligence Services Oversight Act 40 of 1994.
Section 7 of the Intelligence Services Oversight Act 40 of 1994 provides that:
• The Inspector General will monitor intelligence and counter-intelligence activities of the State Security Agency and the intelligence division of the South African Police Service and the intelligence division of the National Defence Force.
• The Inspector General will be accountable to the JSCI and responsible to the President and relevant ministers.
• The candidate should be a South African citizen who is fit and proper to hold such office and who has knowledge of intelligence.
• The candidate shall be required to undergo all the processes required to obtain a top secret security clearance and shall serve impartially and independently and perform his or her functions in good faith and without fear, favour, bias or prejudice.
• The salary and conditions of service the Inspector General are determined by the President in concurrence with the JSCI.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed motivation and curriculum vitae outlining their knowledge and/or experience of Intelligence, to the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa accompanied by certified copies of their identity document and qualifications, for the attention of Ms Ntombekhaya Mbuqe.
Nominations must be addressed to Ntombekhaya Mbuqe email@example.com by no later than Wednesday, 13 April 2016.
Enquiries please contact Ms Ntombekhaya Mbuqe on tel (021) 403 2793 or cell 083 709 8432.
Please note that applicants will be subjected to qualifications check and top secret security clearance. Late submissions will be not be considered. Applicants who receive no response within 2 (two) months of the closing date are requested to deem their application unsuccessful.
This is a re-advertisement. Applicants who previously applied are welcome to submit a new application.
CLOSING DATE: 13 April 2016